Friday, November 12, 2010

This Moment Has Come Too Soon

Could someone please tell me where the past 15 years have gone? Tomorrow night will be the county-wide high school basketball jamboree. It will be held in the town that is our county seat, roughly 18 miles away. Ren will be going with a friend. This friend is the daughter of one of my former co-workers who Ren has come to know better this semester since being in a class or two with her. The moment I am dreading? The friend is DRIVING! Yep, even though, being one of the youngest in her class, she is not yet a licensed driver herself, her friends are. John says we can’t hover over and shelter her forever, but I don’t think I am ready for this. I am seriously thinking of revising my weekend plans to include watching a little round-ball.

Here's hoping for a wonderful, SAFE weekend - from my family to yours.

No comments: