Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Am Thankful.


As we celebrate another Thanksgiving there are many things for which I am grateful. A few would include...


My Children
Yes, even though my husband and I read somewhere that childless couples are happier, I couldn’t imagine my life without them. Ren is such a good girl. As any other typical teen she can possess a smart mouth at times and her study habits could always be a little better, but she truly has a good heart. When I think of some of the girls around our town, pass other wayward-looking teens in the mall, or read comments posted by a few on web sites like Facebook, I become even more proud of my daughter. She has her flaws, and goodness knows we stay into it a lot, but I am sooo very thankful she’s mine.

And John-Heath? Well, he’s the most into-something-all-the-time little boy I know, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Yes, there are times I could pinch his little neck off. But he’s just so darn sweet and funny and smart I can usually overlook much of what he does.

My Husband and Family
I am so thankful to have a good husband and such a close-knit family. I don’t have a large family (as I only have one sibling) but we are a strong one. It is also a blessing that I still have both my parents and that they are still in relatively good health.

My Job
I love my job! I have not always been able to say that. I work for good administrators and have good co-workers (though I have always been fortunate in the good co-workers department). I also have job security, and in today’s economical environment that is a HUGE blessing.

My Country
Even though I believe deep down in my heart that we are spiraling to you-know-where in a hand basket, I am still proud to be an American. I am thankful for the rights we have (though I personally feel those are being stretched to the broadest interpretation of the law) and the freedoms we enjoy. More importantly, I am thankful for our men and women in service who work to keep our country safe.

God has certainly blessed me this year. I hope you have been blessed, as well. Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!


Image credit

No comments: