Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Prayer Request

My heart is heavy this evening and I am simply at a loss for words, the right words. I don’t know that this kind of post is even appropriate but I feel the need to do or say something.

Tonight my daughter received a text from a friend informing her that one of their classmates (the son of an acquaintance of mine) had taken his own life. My daughter is a sophomore and 15. Her classmate would be close to that age. I don’t know many details, nor should I know them. I only know that a young boy who was known for his big smile and friendly demeanor and was, by all appearances, happy and carefree decided to end his life - and now a family has lost a son, grandson, and loved one. This must surely be a parent’s worst nightmare.

If you are a person of faith, I ask you to lift this family up in prayer.



Comments for this post have been disabled.

No comments: