Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Out of the Mouth of a Babe

My 4-year-old has always had a perceptive sense of humor. Aside from an obvious DNA match it is something he shares with his sister. She, too, has a great sense of humor and a most infectious laugh (when she wants to - I mean she IS a teenager now, after all).


It was clear to us very early on that John-Heath had inherited this trait to laugh easily as he found gastrointestinal noises, both the self-made and second-hand variety, of particular hilarity.


Today, he still laughs most readily all throughout the day and takes great delight in making others laugh as well. However, the times when he is the funniest is when he has no clue he is being just that. Case in point - tonight as I was writing a letter to someone he was sitting on the bed beside me. I noticed that he kept tugging at his underwear. Something, it seemed, was causing quite the discomfort.

"What's wrong, John-Heath?" I asked.

"It's these underwear. My wink-wink keeps coming out of them".

"It's getting bigger every day."


No comments: