Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fe Fi Fo Fum

I have what one would call an addictive personality. I can watch the same show or listen to the same song over and over again until I just get sick of it. So, it's a good thing I've never felt a desire to drink or worse.


I suppose my children have inherited this trait from me. Ren will go through periods where she will watch the same television series over and over. Little House on the Prairie came first, then Reba, Seinfeld, I Love Lucy and now Desperate Housewives. John-Heath watches Spongebob Squarepants like it's going out of style.


And, like all children I suppose, they have their favorite bedtime story they want told again and
again.

Our children have always enjoyed being read to. They also enjoy being told stories too.

With Ren, the story she most requested was one about an old, thought-to-be haunted house near the local grade school. I would always have to put Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in as characters and her favorite part was when the door would screeeeeeetch open and something would jump out. Ren has always enjoyed this genre. She was no older than 5 when she first saw Sleepy Hollow.


John-Heath is also into the classics, though he does not enjoy being scared. His usual request is my simple little version of Jack and the Beanstalk. He is quick to point out when I change or omit something in the story. Did mother throw the beans out the window or door?


Fe Fi Fo Fum

I smell the blood of an Englishman

Be he alive or be he dead

I'll grind his bones to make my bread




No comments: