Monday, April 12, 2010

If Money Were No Option...

Today, this first day of our second week of spring break, we took John-Heath to his pre-school. I initially felt just the slightest twinge of guilt about this, but it soon passed. After all, we kept him home with us all last week and he'll be home with us most of the rest of this upcoming week. And he loves school. He loves his friends. He was excited to go back. I think he missed his girlfriend too (the sweet little girl he calls the "spirit of love").
After taking Ren to her ortho. appointment we enjoyed a nice lunch with her and, a favorite of mine, furniture store browsing. This is something
that we haven't done in a long time. John-Heath, every sweet inch of his hyperactive self, does not afford one a lot of time to linger and look at much.

I saw many things I would love to have. And I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to win the lottery?" Of course, my odds would be exponentially improved if I were to actually play the lottery.

We have lived in our home for three years now (or it will be 3 years at the end of August) and there are still many things we need to do. John is always telling me to make a list. "I can't
remember if you don't make a list," he says. So, here is my top 5 dream list - in no particular order.
  • bookcases/cabinetry built for the study
  • new den furniture
  • concrete my drive
  • shutters on the front of the house
  • redo our lawn (more grass, less weeds)
And, just in case John is playing the lottery behind my back and might one day win, a pool - a great big heated one with a hot tub, fountain, tanning ledge, and slide for the kiddies built into the side of a mountain-like rock formation.

No comments: