Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dear Nikon Charger, Please Come Home. I Promise Things Will Be Different.

As you can tell from the title of this post I have lost the battery charger to my Nikon. And, as luck seems to always find its way to my door, the battery in this particular camera is now dead. So, I am without one. I can't even use Ren's little camera (a nice one she got for Christmas from Ma-Ma and Pa Gene), as it had to be tossed out recently due to some severe damage to the lens.

I tell you, if the girls on Designing Women were the poster children for bad vacations (weren't those some of the best episodes?), you would see my family's picture plastered on a poster advertising Electronic Equipment Abstinence. I just don't think that we have matured enough to handle a serious relationship with anything electronic.

We tell ourselves we are ready, that we've grown and are ready to take it to the next level, that we're committed to see it through. But who are we kidding? The cell is still going to get lost mid-way through the contract, the portable dvd-player dropped and broken only a month after being left under the tree by Santa, and the laptop peed on by the dog. Now, that last one may seem an unlikely possibility for us, as we have no dog. But, I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched. Things have a way of happening around here. If it has a chip somewhere on the inside, it's outlook for a long and happy life in our home is grim.

The search continues.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. The pictures I had planned on taking of our town's summer celebration this evening will have to be postponed until next year. In the meantime, use your imagination (think small town park, great music, cake walks, hayrides, fire trucks, glow-in-the-dark light sticks being held by children everywhere, and fireworks) and insert pictures here X.

No comments: