Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Happy Martagruh"

They say you learn something new everyday.  Today, I learned that "Mardi Gras" is actually French for "Fat Tuesday", and is always the day before the start of Lent (known as Ash Wednesday). 

Do you know that feeling you get when you find out something that everyone else knows and it makes you feel really dumb, like a complete simpleton, that you didn't already know it, too?  Well, that's how I feel tonight.  How did I not know that?  I know about Lent...I just never put the two together. Hmmm. 

Anywhoo...Happy Fat Tuesday, peeps.  Or as John-Heath said when he gave me the beads his teacher gave him, "Happy Martagruh, Mom!"

John-Heath diggin' his Mardi Gras beads!

(Actually, he is sitting beside me as I type and just said, "I'm not fat!")

No comments: