Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

In just a few days I will reach the two year mark on this little blogging adventure. During that time, if you have followed along even ocassionally, you have learned a thing or two about me. I'm southern. I'm clumsy. I have a husband who is a terrible giftgiver. I have two great kids who fight with each other like the proverbial cat and dog. Well, here's another fast fact about me...I am a great list maker. Yep. It's true. I can make the most thorough, organized lists you've ever seen. They're really quite lovely. I guess I just have a knack for them. Of course, if you don't have a knack for marking things off those lists, you just end up with a bunch of paper all over the place.


On that note, I present my 2012 New Year's Resolutions. And the best thing about this list is it's digital...no wasted paper.


1. Be a better person. As overused as the letters WWJD have become, they are nonetheless important for a Christian to remember.


2. Read through the Bible, the whole thing. This should also help with numbers one, three, four and five. More to come on this later.


3. Be a better mother to my children. I don't mean to brag for the sake of bragging but I have good kids. John-Heath can be as hyper as they come but he can also be the sweetest, most loving of little boys. Ren can be much more reserved and has never been as outwardly loving as her brother and as a typical sixteen-year-old can have a fairly sharp tongue on her at times. However, I am truly blessed to have her as a daughter. John and I have often talked (and he tries to remind me of this when I am wanting to jump her case about something trivial, like curling the tips of her hair or putting on lip gloss before going out) but there are a lot of not-such-good things she could be doing. So, while she's not perfect and I really wish she would be a tad bit more studious, I really do need to appreciate this gem I have in my life.


4. Be a better wife to my husband. Ditto.


5. And celebrating its twentieth consecutive entry on the New Year's Resolution list...lose weight.


Do you make resolutions? Wanna share one?

No comments: