Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Twenty-Five


Twenty-five years ago on this day, August 6 of the grand and glorious year 1988, my best friend met me at the front of a church (just as I had predicted four years earlier to another friend he would do).  He was in black, I was in white, and that friend to whom I had made my prediction stood on the other side of me with four others wearing peach taffeta.  My apologies, girls.

 
 
 

It has been a rip-roaring quarter of a century (sometimes quite literally) and I can think of no other person with whom I would want to share it.  My better half, my other self, the pater familias of my world. 


Here's to many more years, babe!  I love ya!




8 comments:

Lyndy said...

Temporary comment.

Will self destruct in 5... 4... 3... 2...

bwahaha

Tire Swing Mom said...

You made me LOL with your comment, Lyndy! It only took me 3 days, but I finally got it posted. : )

Chena said...

I think I still have that peach dress somewhere. I remember your veil catching on fire. Congrats on 25.... Wishing you 25 more!!

Tire Swing Mom said...

Thank you, Chena. If you look closely, you can still see some of the hole through the "window" in the box in which mom had my dress and veil sealed. lol

Susie said...

Congrats, Tyla and John. Now, let's hear about the veil catching on fire during the ceremony.

Tire Swing Mom said...

Haha, Susie. I might have to save that one for the 30th anniversary. : )

Lyndy said...

Sooo..... which church did you get married in? Just curious....

Love the post btw!

Tire Swing Mom said...

Lyndy, Bro. Jimmy Cushenberry married us at New Hope (in the old part, as you can tell). : )