Monday, December 6, 2010

All I Want for Christmas...

Dear Santa,

I have been an exceptionally a pretty good girl this year. I am still trying very hard to be on time to work and church each day, though church has gotten a little easier since I ran the main clock back five minutes one Saturday evening when no one was looking. Also, I continue to work on that little issue I sometimes have with my tongue in which it produces words and phrases that I tend to regret. I do this by remembering that little pitchers have big ears. When you live with a human dictaphone this is especially important to consider.

Because I have been so good I would like to make a request or two for Christmas. I know I am a little old to be writing a letter to you, but there are a few things I think I would really, really like to have and I just can’t take a chance on telling you-know-who. I love him, but his track record of Christmas gifts leaves much to be desired. In fairness to him, though, I think it’s a genetic deformity, i.e. the Soft Soap Incident.

Anyway, for Christmas this year if I receive any one of the following I will be a happy girl.


1. A small sewing machine - and you’ll need to throw in some lessons on how to sew, too. I have always thought of myself as somewhat of a creatively minded person. I’ll admit I’m no Martha Stewart, but I think I could handle some small crafty projects. And there are sooo many cute ones that are popular right now. I think the first thing I would make would be a bunting to hang in John-Heath’s room, one from airplane themed fabrics.

2. This cute little antique desk I spied at the Creative Decor open house a couple weekends ago. I would set it in my bedroom and take back a mirror from my sister to hang above it. It would make my boudoir look so much better than its current plain Jane status.

3. A Cricut. Again, this would come in handy in the crafting department, especially since I am getting older and the hand-eye coordination in cutting out intricate shapes isn’t what it use to be. That’s what happens when one turns 29.


4. A certain perfume. You know the one I requested. I also told the hubs. That’s why I can’t repeat its name here. Consider it a test to see if he was really listening.



Your friend,



P.S. Okay, I confess. I’m not really 29. Please don’t add my name to your naughty list.

3 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL very cute...I hope you get it all from dear old Santa baby! ;D

Tire Swing Mom said...

Thanks, Julie. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. lol

Lyndy said...

My mommy got me a Cricut machine last year and I luuuuv it!