Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wearin' Dad's Clothes - Father's Day Photographs


Well, the search for a Father’s Day gift idea was not in vain. In cases like mine, it’s a good thing the internet exists because I am just nowhere near being the creative soul I was a wee few years ago. Of course, maybe the internet is partly to blame for that. Why be creative when you can Google?

Anyway, Ren and I are going out of town tomorrow afternoon with my sister and niece for a few days on a girls only trip, so I thought I would share with you what my children will be giving their dad and granddad on their special day a day early. I don’t think it will spoil the surprise factor - my dad doesn’t own a computer and John only reads this blog when I need to feed my ego and I have him read something on which I feel iffy.


A few more goodies await them inside their gift bags, made from lunch sacks and scrapbooking paper.



Working fast and secretively, I took some pictures of my children wearing some of their dad’s clothing, and later their Pa Gene’s clothing, and printed some 5x7 and 8x10 enlargements. A trip to T.J.Maxx produced some manly wood frames (or as close to wood as gets produced these days) in which the pics would be placed. I think they turned out pretty good. This idea is even sweeter when the children are all small and the shoes and clothes are over-sized in a more exaggerated way.


For John's pictures, Ren wears one of her dad's sweater vests and belt and John-Heath has on a tie and a pair of his shoes.











One shot in Dad's study.



Then it was time to head down to Pa Gene's and snap a few pics. John-Heath chose to wear his work boots and one of his old tool belts, while Ren opted for his mowing hat.








The three of us can hardly wait to give them their gifts tomorrow. Homemade gifts really are the best!



No comments: