Saturday, June 25, 2011

John-Heathism #1: Erck

While on the way to our town's 4th of July celebration, Freedom Fest 2011, (yes, I know it's still June, but our town always celebrates a week early so that it doesn't have to compete with the larger surrounding communities for a crowd) John-Heath made this keen observation...




John-Heath: Huh. That road has an erck.


(John and I look at each other with confusion on our faces)


John: What's that, John-Heath?


John-Heath: You know, when cars stop real fast and go errrrk!



Erck: (noun) A long black mark left on a road surface from sliding or skidding tires of a motor vehicle. See also Skid Mark.









3 comments:

Heather said...

That son of yours is so darn cute! It is smart of you to record all these "John-Heathisms". I remember my kids coming up with some real winners, and now I wish I would have written them down some place.

Michelle said...

Love it!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi,Tyla! How cute! I use to keep a journal with all the cute things my kids would say. My youngest loves to go back and read all the funny quotes! You John Heath (love that name btw) sounds wonderful!