Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Easy F.A.L.L. Letter Blocks

I have not done anything crafty in a while, like years, so this was a super easy way to get back into the swing of things. I found these blocks of wood with pre-attached letters at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section and paid a whopping 43 cents for each one. I had hoped to find the letters to spell out BOO but it wasn't meant to be. At first, I intended to just paint the blocks one color and the letters another. Then I saw some scrapbooking paper and thought that would look even better.

Here are the super-duper easy steps.

1.) Paint the blocks and allow to dry. I chose orange. I know. I am such a risk taker.

2.) Choose a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper and place on top of the letter. Trace around the edges and then cut out. The paper I used was a premium type (6 sheets/$1.00 on clearance) that was a little thicker and had some type of backing. Plain paper would probably work okay too but I was afraid it might look wavy once it got wet by coming into contact with the glue.

3.) Attach your newly cut out paper letter to the letter on the block using a little Mod Podge.

4.) Display and enjoy.




Have a great hump day, ya'll!

No comments: