Monday, October 18, 2010

An Award - Plus My Nephew, the Souvenir


I came home this past Friday night to the nicest surprise. My friend Kate over at Southern Belle Simple had bestowed upon me a blogging award. If you have not had the chance to visit with Kate you really should. She is the sweetest gal and, best of all, a Tennessean like myself.

Do you remember what it was like when, as a student in grade school, you were assigned a pen pal from another school, city or state and you would anxiously await letters from them. Well, that's a little what it's like meeting new friends through blogging, except that you aren't graded on the 5 parts of the friendly letter, which is waaayy better.

To thank Kate and honor my award, I am passing it along to a couple other gals. If you get the chance stop by and check them out. I think you'll be glad you did.

Angela @ SlaughterHouse Rules
These are just some of the sweetest posts you'll ever read. They'll bring a smile to your face and, possibly, tears to your eyes. A case in point is her post from today about a special locket.
Vanessa @ Southern in My Heart
I've just recently begun stalking Vanessa but one pretty neat thing about this gal is she married a homeless guy who proposed to her. Just kidding. It was actually her boyfriend dressed as a homeless man holding a sign that read "Wifeless - will work for marriage". How cool is that?

Ladies, according to instructions from Kate, you are free to pass this along or keep it all to yourself.



This past Sunday after a family lunch my husband took the boys (my son and two nephews, ages 5, 6, and 9) on a hike around the farm. This has become almost tradition. Anytime they are all together here they must go on a hike, an adventure always. This time as they walked they were listening to stories about pioneers, settlers, cowboys and Indians and each chose what he would want to be. After one boy proclaimed he was a pioneer the six-year-old proudly stated "Well, I'll be a souvenir then."


2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww. Thank you!! I love blog world. I feel the same way you do about finding new friends. You made my day! : )

Kate Spears said...

glad you liked the award! you deserve it lady! love ya much! xoxo