Friday, January 29, 2010

A Lazy Day

9:30 a.m.
Finally awake after playing spades into the wee hours of the morning. John thinks he may have time to take much of the old fencing wire to the county recycling center before the weather gets bad. Looking forward to the big snow! Forecasters have predicted a 90% chance for 5 inches of snow to hit our neck of the woods. For us middle-Tennesseans that's a lot. John-Heath is watching cartoons enjoying his extended break due to having had the the flu this past week. Thankfully, he's much better. Ren complains (that a large breakfast feast has not been prepared). She's 14. When is she not complaining?

10:30 a.m.
John decides not to take his little trip and goes to the local grocery store instead. Comes home and decides to surf the web. I decide to improve on my terrible rating in spades. No snow yet.

11:30 a.m.
Spades rating is worse. Still no snow. Time for some Raisin Bran.

12:00 p.m.
Ren comes down for the stress relief bath therapy gel. Oh, the aches and pains of the young. John has headed to the local farmer's store for his newly sharpened chain saw blade. John-Heath has crawled beside me on the bed (where I sit as I write). His eyes are closed. Time for a nap. So sweet. I have now counted 23 snowflakes.

1:00 p.m.
I decide to roll myself into a hot shower.

1:05 p.m.
I quickly get out of the not-so-hot shower. Ren, it seems, has mostly drained all the hot water from our 85 gallon hot water heater during her therapeutic bath/shower combo. Luckily, I was able to rinse the shampoo from my hair prior to the water turning completely cold. At least some more snow is starting to fall.

6:00 p.m.
John-Heath has been awake from his nap for about 3 hours. John and I matched wits in two highly competitive games of Skip-Bo. I won the first. I'm feel certain he must have cheated during the second game or else I would have won it also. Vegetable beef soup is on the stove for tonight's dinner. Heavier snow is finally falling.

10:56 p.m.
John and John-Heath watched "Up" in the media room. After trying to teach Ren how to play spades on Yahoo and further damaging my rating I have decided to give it up for the night. A thick blanket of snow has now covered the ground. I don't want to jinx anything but it looks as if we might just get another snow day on Monday from this most recent gift. Good night. Sleep tight.


No comments: