Sunday, January 10, 2010

My daughter's closet

It is just shy of 1 a.m. and I need to go to bed. I can't sleep though. For one thing I have REALLY, REALLY, REALLY messed up my sleep habits with these glorious days off from work due to the Blizzard of 2010. If you realize I live in Tennessee you'll know I am just joking about the Blizzard. Although the 2 inches rocked!!!


Another thing causing tonight's insomnia is my daughter's bedroom closet. My 14-year-old Ren (she rocks, too) came down several hours earlier this evening and exclaimed, "I don't have anything to wear to the movies." Of course, she only just received several nice items this past December 25 (one of which was a red shirt and I have seen her wear said red shirt at least 3 days since then).


Anyway, I went to her closet a few minutes after the typcial mother-daughter exchange and we were able to put something together. But while there I realized I should probably take time to help her organize the whole menagerie of fabric.


Organizing my closet was much easier when I was growing up and lived at home. 1.) I was very spoiled in the chore department so my mom always did it for me and 2.) There wasn't as much to organize. A few pairs of Levis (oh how I wanted a pair of Jordache or Gloria Vanderbilt just like the ones worn by the girls who worked for my orthodontist and tightened my wires each month), a few button-up shirts, and a pair of Cuga tennis shoes.


I do dread this task at hand. I'm sure she does too...NO WIRE HANGERS!!! Just kidding...well sort of.



No comments: