Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our Unwanted House Guest


Warning: Weak-stomached, easily offended friends should read no further. It's really not that bad, but I thought it would be fair to warn you just the same.


A stomach crud is making its way through my family. First, it started with Ren who came home early Tuesday and was out all day with it Wednesday. I might have thought she was just wanting out of school early, but she left during 4th block Health and Nutrition (an easy peasy class and her last class of the day) so I knew something was up.

Normally, I don't catch what my kids have. I've taught school long enough and been exposed to so many germs that I have built up a pretty good immunity to most things. Apparently, what Ren had was something new because I started to feel not so hot last night myself.

And now, John-Heath is complaining of tummy troubles, which he always refers to as "diarrhea and pain", even when it's not (as the case is now). And it's never just diarrhea. Pain always follows. What's wrong, mommy? You got diarrhea and pain? --Or-- I don't feel good, dad. I think I got diarrhea and pain.

It reminds me of a joke from Bill Cosby's Himself comedy routine in which he tells of how his mother was always saying she was "sick and tired".

Bill Cosby: "And tired" always followed sick. Worst beating I ever got in my life, my mother said, "I am just sick..." And I said, "And tired." I don't remember anything after that.


2 comments:

Tina said...

Awe..I love the sayings kids come up with.
And I love the Bill Cosby joke! He was one of a kind!
Hope your family feels better soon!

Michelle said...

I always hate these kind of germs that make their way through the household. Yuck! Hope everyone gets better.