Sunday, February 13, 2011

DIY Glass Magnets Make Great Teacher Gifts

Did you know that teachers are some of the most highly skilled kleptomaniacs around? It's true. We are well know for our thievery - mostly of ideas and the occasional stapler from the lounge, that is. We are taught early on in our education courses that when we see a great idea we should use it!

Well, here is my attempt at another stolen idea. Michaels has these for sale and I have seen some blog posts on them, as well. In need of a quick, easy idea of something to make to give John-Heath's teachers for Valentine's Day I decided to try my hand at these glass magnets. Simple and cheap inexpensive. Two of my favorite words when crafting.



Supplies needed:



flat, glass marbles



(I found mine at the Dollar Tree. They were a larger size, which I thought would work out better)



glue (I used my Mod Podge)



Magnets (Mine came from Wal-Mart)



Decorative card stock or scrapbooking paper.



To make, simply cut out pieces of paper to the correct size needed and glue on the back of the glass marbles. When this dries, glue on a magnet. When this is dry take a paper towel and a little Windex to really make that marble shine. Voila! A quick, simple, and budget-friendly gift for anyone, especially teachers, teacher aides, grandparents, and/or anyone who likes to display papers on a fridge or filing cabinet.



You can see I messed up on the first one just a bit - cut the paper too small. Practice makes perfect, though. John-Heath loves it when we craft. He helped out by putting some of the magnets in place and by cutting a few pieces of paper into about a gazillion smaller pieces of paper.





Linking to some great parties.



Linking up to...


Nest of Posies Big Valentine's Party.


Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very, very cute.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

It turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing. Btw, I'm your newest follower. Please follow back for more mutual blog visits :)