Monday, October 29, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

 

Most of my family, both on my mother's side and my father's side, will tell you how my son is the spitting image of yours truly - in looks, of course (especially when he was younger), but also in personality.  I was known to be sweet and thoughtful (see how I wrote that in the past tense?), a little on the hyper side (that is also very much in the past tense), and a little on the mischievous side.  "There comes little Tyla," someone will usually say at a get-together with extended family.  I tell you they are absolutely correct, and I love that little stinker all the more for it. 

Well, should my husband ever feel a little left out, he can always look back on today and swell with pride.  Just as my mother-n-law recounted to me a time when my husband, as a lad of only two or three, swallowed a Christmas bulb, my husband will one day be able to tell a future daughter-n-law how her husband swallowed a lego brick, as a lad of seven, while attempting to detach it from another brick.

And as that light bulb made a grand re-entrance into the world a day or so later (just as Dr. Carter had told my mother-n-law it would), we are anxiously awaiting the same result here.  Say a little prayer that it will be a smooth voyage. :)

No comments: