Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Boy Named Tommy


I normally don't post twice in one day but I just remembered this and wanted to write it down before it's forgotten forever. I thought you might enjoy it, too.

This morning, upon putting on the shirt I had laid out for him John-Heath says, "Mom, I don't think I should wear this shirt. What if Tommy thinks it's his?" Evidently, there is a boy in his room/grade with that name, and he became quite insistent on not wearing it - you know in that whiney, first-grade kind of tone that went something like this...but mahhhhhhm...Tommy will get mad.

Finally, and slightly frustrated I might add, I had to say, "John-Heath, is your friend's last name Hilfiger? No? Then you can wear that shirt...because that shirt belonged to a boy name Tommy Hilfiger... and he doesn't go to your school."

No comments: