Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rats! Ren Writes a Tell-All.


I found this idea somewhere out in blogland last year. The kids (okay, John-Heath) liked it so much I just had to do it again. Of course, one of Ren's friends didn't make a seasonal connection and asked, "What's with all the mice?". This little project is one of the Halloween crafts featured on Martha Stewart's website. I printed templates from my computer, made master templates from cardboard, and cut the mice you see from plain old black construction paper.

Speaking of Ms. S...I recently read that her daughter has written a tell-all about her. I feel for old Martha. Really. I do. Not a lot, but a little. Ren has often hinted at doing this to me one day when she becomes famous. That would be nice in a way, though, knowing that your offspring is so successful people pay money to read their rantings.


I can just see it now, with chapter titles like I Don't Care If You Were Just Trying to Keep Me Warm, I Hated Wearing Sweatsuits... and... Spite: Why I Refused to Keep Seeing the Really Great Guy Who Took Me on My First Date the Moment I Knew You and Dad Liked Him...or... See? I Told You Hollywood Doesn't Care About GPA's.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ... so you did the Star Wars theme too! Yes, my boys are THRILLED! :) I'm loving your staircase ~ so creative and fun!!! I'm your newest follower and hope you'll "follow" me next time you visit!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing