Tuesday, September 25, 2012

On Your Birthday


scan0006
Today, you are seventeen.  Where has the time gone?  With each passing year I see less of the little girl who clomped around in oversize shoes, less of the girl who was carried down the sidewalk by her daddy with her long legs – yes, even then – dangling from beneath a pale pink skirt on the way to ballet, less of the  little girl who could play with her Barbies for hours, and more of the young lady you are becoming.
scan0096
scan0033
But no matter how old you become,  nor how far away from me you may one day live, you will always be my little girl. 
scan0103
scan0008
Happy birthday, my darling daughter!
 scan0003-001
Love,
Mom

P.S.  If you would like to take a stroll down memory lane for this most glorious day you can do that HERE.  I'm sure it will put a smile on your face - or you might just laugh at what a wuss I am. ;)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Lyndy said...

Awww, this is so sweet!!! I hope she appreciates it.