Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Her Junior Prom



Well, hello again, blogging world.  Mr daughter's Junior/Senior prom was this past Saturday evening.  This was her first to attend and she had a ball, and one of the best parts for me was that I was able to witness most of it - thanks to the hubby's job as AP at her school!  Of course, Ren was less than thrilled when she first learned we would be there but, in the end, she really didn't mind it so much.



She invited Jay, one of her good friends on the football team, to be her guest.  Now, I know I am biased - a lot -but I thought they made a handsome pair.


I also think we may have found Ren's signature color...coral.  I really like how the color just meshed so well with her skin tone and hair.  In case you're wondering, the dress is by Sherri Hill.  I didn't think I would ever like one on her as much as I did her last formal, the white La Femme, but I do think this is my new favorite.


Well, I'm off to bed.  I think I may enjoy falling asleep listening to this nice spring storm - so long as it doesn't get too stormy.






P.S.  You know I can't pass up an opportunity to include a John-Heath moment...On Saturday, he was asked if he thought his sister was pretty.  He said he did but he also let it be known he preferred one of her friends.  According to him, she was one smoking hot lady.  Smoking hot.  Not sure where he heard that.  Andy Griffith, Spongebob, or iCarly? 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your Ren looks absolutely stunning in her coral dress! You are right, coral is her color. As always, John-Heath has the perfect commentary! lol!

Michelle said...

GORGEOUS! Your daughter is! Beautiful dress and she looks great with her date!