Monday, December 31, 2012

It Was Awesome!


Not only has Christmas 2012 come and gone but we are on the cusp of bidding farewell to the whole dang year.  I'm not sure but I think something physiological happens when one reaches a certain age - in which the way we perceive the movement of time is not at all as it was during childhood.  When I was younger school years seemed to take forever, summers crawled by like a slug, and the words slow as Christmas could be a very appropriate simile.  Not so anymore.  It's odd really...the slower I become, the faster time travels.

2012 was a good year for my family.  We are all still together and there have been no major health issues.  And even though I was complaining earlier this evening about the incredibly boring life I must lead to be spending NYE in places like Wal-Mart, Home Goods and Kohls with little in the way of celebration awaiting me (except for that bottle of Welch's Sparkling Red Grape juice cocktail in the refrigerator), I feel blessed because I know many families have not been so fortunate.

As John-Heath said, when asked about our Christmas, "It was awesome!"  I hope yours was, as well.  See you next year, my friends.



P.S.  If you're nearby and want to pop in to liven up our NYE, I have a bottle half a bottle of sparkling cider we could share. 

No comments: